Saturday, November 21, 2009

FINAL QUESTIONS AND THOUGHTS

Do you think Holden will ever grow up?
Where does Holden end up in chapter 26?
How is Holden similar to everyone around his age?
Do you have to "grow up" to succeed in life?
Why did the book being written in first person alter how everyone may perceive Holden?


I don't know whether or not Holden will grow up. Mr. Antolini gives him great advice that he SHOULD follow, but the whole time he kept repeating how tired he was and how he couldn't concentrate- like a little kid would be if their mom was trying to tell them something important. When I finished the book, I honestly was so amazed by how it plays out. I wasn't sure if the author would ever make totally clear what he was trying to get across, but I think he got his point across with chapters 23-26. I even said to someone, " The book could have been those 4 chapters alone and it would've made sense to me." They were IMPORTANT. Hopefully everyone else reads!!

No comments:

Post a Comment